Mark's Mind

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I need some answers!!

So how does a person figure out exactly what God wants for your life? I am a bit confused by the will of God. I think I understand that God has more than one will. Let me explain, I don't think God has only one plan for my life and if I don't choose that plan I am not following Gods will. I believe he blesses the decisions we make assuming we rely on Him for direction and wisdom.
It does seem though that we are put in situations that is just so hard to figure out when and where and what does a person do. For example, a person asks you to drive them to the hospital to have an abortion (she has already decided there is only this choice) what do you do?
Here is another situation I encountered and am not sure what God would want me to do. This pastor was asked to do a wedding for a friend and her fiance. They are living together and have no real church affiliation. They asked the pastor to marry them but aren't really interested in God being involved in their wedding or lives. What should the pastor do? What would Jesus do in this situation? It is very interesting that God puts us into situations that make us decide how to put our faith into action. I guess I just wish that some of these questions would have easier answers and clear direction.
So how do we know what to do with such a limited knowledge of Jesus' life?

Thanks
md

5 Comments:

  • the pastor should not marry them cause it would ruin his rep. and then what do all the other weddings mean that he does after that. i mean i've been there and done the marriage thing and yeah it doesn't mean much anyway so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

  • Maybe God doesn't want us to have these things so clear cut. That way we cry out to him for direction more often. And maybe each situation like that involves different needs and responses. How's that for clarifying things?

    By Blogger Trevor, at 7:59 AM  

  • I think the last thing we should be worried about (as pastors) is our rep. It is important to be ministers of integrity, faith, and love. If by accepting to marry this couple there is an opportunity to do some counselling then I think the pastor should go for it. The people still came to the pastor so that must mean there is some sort of respect or trust. If, no is the answer, then the couple is justified to continue on in life and have the same outlook on Christianity. If there is a chance to spend time with the couple, then there is also a chance, that God will use his follower to cause this couple to think about the possibility of a God who wants them to have life to full. If the church knows the heart of the minister the chance taken will not destroy the reputation, but solidfy the person of God that he/she is. If it swings the other way then maybe it is time to let it swing, because someone is missing the point.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

  • my thoughts exactly craig

    By Blogger Increasing..., at 5:10 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Jesse, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home