Mark's Mind

Monday, March 13, 2006

We survived!!


My last post was saturday night. Sunday morening Ben was up at 7 and ready to rock. I think his cold was worse today and so he was a real gem. I took him in the bed with me to drink his bottle he thought that was kinda cool but every time I was almost asleep he would scratch my neck or rub my head so I would look at him again. After the bottle and some Triaminic a little porridge he was in a better mood. So I through him in the bath and let hium play in there for a while. It sounds like we had lots of time before church well, we voted and sunday school was not an option this sunday so we streched our morning out a bit. After the bath I dressed Ben in a very cute little outfit. The ladies at church asked if Bonnie put clothes out for him. Imagine a dad that can pick clothes for his own son. WOW!! The sweater is from Shelley and Anthony from Peru or Chile or something, anyway he was very cute.
He did have a bit of a nap at the church but only for 45 minutes and so being sick and only haveing a short nap meant that lunch was going to be fun.
We went over to the Mantlers for lunch. The food was great but Ben was a bear. The combination of little sleep feeling like krap and too many people made for a short visit there. Bonnie met us there and Ben wasn't much interested in her. This was not cool either because now I had a grumpy mom and a grumpy kid. So we went home from lunch early and spent time together. We all needed a nap and after that everyone was doiing better.
All in all I have to say the boys had a fun weekend. I seems really strange with Ben. When one of the parents is gone it seems like he doesn't even notice. It is nice to have the mom home again. Our family united. Thanks for reading along with me as I spend my first weekend alone with Ben.

So thats it have a great week. We will no more pizza and orange juice for every meal!!

md

5 Comments:

  • sounds like you guys had a good boys' weekend together. i love seeing all the pictures of Ben! i'd forgotten about that sweater from peru so it was fun to see pictures of Ben wearing it. i hope Bonnie had a good and relaxing time on her retreat. talk to you guys soon. shelley

    By Blogger Anthony and Shelley Dyck, at 12:03 PM  

  • thanks for the new pics of the cutie! i like hearing of all the funny things he does, its like we are there with you! love you guys, lynnette

    By Blogger Kyle and Lynnette, at 12:11 PM  

  • Just as a side note, "the mother" AKA "Bonnie" had an awesome time. I was a little short on sleep when I got home, but that was remedied fairly quickly. We all had a great day together today - Monday- a happy little family once again.
    Bonnie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM  

  • Good to know that a dad can pick out a cute outfit!! Looks like the weekend was busy, thanks for keeping us updated. Benny is tooo cute. He is going to have to get to know his cousins a lot better. Maybe this summer.

    By Blogger Shelley, at 6:30 PM  

  • I think thats the best thing that a dad can do is hang with his little man for a weekend! well done!

    By Blogger Paul, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home